Maharashtra State Candidate
The Candidate Should be an Indian National and should have passed Bachelor’s Degree and/or Master’s Degree with subjects Sciences and Maths/Social Sciences (History/Geography/Economics/Political Sciences/Psychology/Philosophy/Education/Library)/Humanity Sciences (all languages and literature)/Commerce and secured minimum 50% marks for Open categories & Minimum 45% marks in case of Backward Class categories.
The Candidate should be an Indian National and should have passed Bachelor’s Degree and/or Masters Degree with subjects in Engineering and Technology/(with Science and Maths as a special subjects)/Bachelor’s Degree with the subjects: Management/Engineering/Computers/Law/Information – Technology/Agriculture/BBI/ MedicalSciences/All Social Sciences/Fine Art/Performing Art (Music/Dance/Drama etc.) and secured minimum 55% marks for Open categories & Minimum 50% marks in case of Backward Class categories.
Admission of the eligible candidates will be given as per the selection procedure laid down by the respective State Government from time to time/SNDT Women’s University. Candidates seeking admission in the colleges from State of Maharashtra need to appear for CET.
B.Ed. Programme duration shall be of two academic years including four semester.
- 200 working days each year exclusive of period of examination & admission.
- Minimum 36 hours in a week, physical presence in the institute of student teacher is necessary.
- Minimum attendance of student-teachers shall have to be 80% for all course work & practicum, & 90% for school internship.
Medium of Instruction
The medium of instruction at the B.Ed. course will be Marathi, Hindi, English & Gujarati. However, the medium of instruction for the subject education in Marathi, Hindi, English, Gujarati & Urdu will be Marathi, Hindi, English, Gujarati & Urdu respectively.
Medium of Examination
The medium of examination shall be Marathi, Hindi, English and Gujarati irrespective of the medium of instructive. Medium of writing answer papers of theory courses & practical work (including school lessons) should be the same.
Seats distribution for Admission Process for SNDT Women’s University
Admission in Minority Quota through CAP
- Minimum 51% Seats for Unaided Minority Institutions are to be filled in though Common Admission Process from the minority candidates.
- This may extended upto 100% however before commencement of the CAP with the due permission of the Minority Department.