Rules for examination
- Student teacher who has not completed successfully internal assessment will not be allowed to appear for semester examination.
- Student teacher having less than 80% attendance in any course will not be eligible for appearing for examination of the course. The principal of the college will however have discretion to condone absence up to 10% in year, for reasons to be recorded in writing or on submission of medical certificate. There are no marks for the attendance.
Rules for Re-appearing in Examination
- Student teachers who do not pass examination of a particular course/s in three attempts will have to re-enroll for the entire program.
- Student teacher has to complete B.Ed. degree in three years. For instance, a student enrolling for a two year B.Ed. program in 2015-17 will have to complete the program by 2018-19.
- When the syllabus changes, question papers of old syllabus will be set for the four times along with the question paper for new syllabus.If a student is unable to complete the B.Ed. program within two years after the first examination when syllabus is changed, she will have to appear for examination of the new course.
Completion of Internal Work
- Completion of all items of internal practical work to be completed by each student as prescribed in the syllabus.
- In case the student is sanctioned absence on medical ground, she has to complete the items of internal work that she may have missed during her absence as may be re-arranged by the college in the same semester.
- The principal shall send the internal assessment marks to the C.O.E. of the University before commencement of the examination.
Rules for Passing
To pass the examination a candidate must obtain at least 40% marks in each head (i.e. each theory course and each item of practical work). To pass the whole examination a candidate must pass Theory and Practical separately and also in each head of theory and of practical work.
Facilities for verification of marks, obtaining photocopy of answer sheet and reevaluation of answer scripts are available on payment of prescribed fees..
Rules for promotion
Students will be automatically promoted from semester I to semester II and semester III to semester IV. Students having 40% or more than 40% backlog (failure/absenteeism without valid reason in four or more than four courses) in the first year (semester I + Semester II) will not be allowed to take admission in Semester III.
The candidates who have obtained minimum 40% or more marks in any heads of passing but failed in the examination shall be eligible to claim exemption in such head/heads. Candidates claiming exemption will not be eligible for first class with Distinction and Position in the merit list.
Scheme of Evaluation
The performance of the learner shall be evaluated as internal work and external work.
- Internal assessment will be done with marks by way of continuous evaluation of the course areas as envisaged in the credit based system by way of participation of learners in various practical works in the B.Ed. program.
- Semester end assessment will be done with marks by way of assessing the performance of the learner in theory/written examination.