Aishabai College of Education is Muslim minority, non-government, unaided college affiliated to the S.N.D.T. Women’s University and recognized by the National Council for Teacher Education (N.C.T.E.) managed by the reputed Fazlani Aishabai and Haji Abdul Latif Charitable Trust.
The Chairman, Founder of Aishabai College of Education started the college in August 2005 in South Bombay with a vision of uplifting and empowering women. The B.Ed. Degree Course is a full time two years Course. It combines theory with practical’s and includes regular lectures, practice teaching, lesson observation, and internship programme, preparation of instructional materials & teaching aids and project work. Computer literacy and the use of educational technology are also included.
The College aims at imparting Quality Teacher Education and all round development. The College stands for academic excellence and the development of skills, and strives after character formation based on the love of God and the service of man. It seeks to educate citizens distinguished for their integrated development and sincere commitment to God and country, leading lives that are socially meaningful.
Aishabai College of Education envisions itself as a leader in regional, national and international education.
The mission of Aishabai College of Education is to prepare educators, professional school personnel, and other allied professionals to have a positive impact on the lives of all students, families, and communities with whom they come in contact.The College of Education is committed to continual programme improvement by providing and maintaining high quality faculty, program content, and utilization of resources, thus creating the context for effectively facilitating the transformation of candidates to professional.
Objectives of the B.Ed. Programme
After completion of the B.Ed. Programme, the student teacher will be able to:
- Acquire conceptual tools of sociological analysis and hands-on experience of engaging with diverse communities, children and schools.
- Apply knowledge of various aspects of development of learner for planning learning experiences.
- Develop skills regarding various role of teacher in facilitating learning.
- Develop a conceptual understanding about issues of diversity, inequality and marginalization in Indian society and the implications for education.
- Apply constructivist & cooperative learning principles for teaching-learning process.
- Analyze contexts and the relationship between school curriculum, policy & learning.
- Apply knowledge of the cultures, policies & practices that need to create an inclusive school.
- Use information & communication technology for enhancing learning-teaching process.
- Use drama and art for development of personality of learners.
- Relate knowledge about gender, school & society with learning.
- Acquire basic understanding about new trends in education.
- Develop professional attitude towards teaching.